Being the self-confessed social media addict that I am, I couldn’t wait to check my Twitter feed! To my delight, it was a tweet from the lovely Sophie from Mum-Ology telling me I had been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I had seen this award floating around the blogging world, so was extremely excited to be nominated! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, here’s a definition that I pinched from Wording Well - The Liebster Award.
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
Basically, the idea is to help promote other blogs in the hope that your blog is promoted in return. Some people may see this as a chain mail with ‘work’, but I personally think it is a great idea!
The rules seem to have been adapted slightly, according to Wording Well, but my interpretation is:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the blogger to answer.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Why did you start blogging?
I had been reading so many pregnancy and mummy blogs at the start of my pregnancy and found them so helpful! Then I thought, why not share my story? It might help someone out there that is going through the same things… so that’s what I did! I also thought it would be a great way to diary my pregnancy to look back on, and to meet new people!
If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Friendly, caring and sarcastic (hubby’s choice of word!)
What would be your ideal holiday?
Somewhere nice and relaxing with a lovely sunny beach, that is family friendly!
Are you sweet or savoury, and if so what would be your favourite?
100% sweet tooth here! I’m a total dessert girl, and can never decide between sticky toffee budding and crème brûlée!
What makes you laugh the most?
My husband. He has exactly the same sense of humour as me (sarcastic as mentioned above!) and is just a very quick-witted person. People say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I personally think it’s brilliant J
What is your motto for life?
‘Don’t regret anything that made you smile'.
First CD you ever bought?
I think it may have actually been Craig David feat. Artful Dodger - Re Rewind! I loved that single when it came out… not gonna lie, I still love it J
Who would you love to see in concert that you haven't seen already?
Beyoncé for sure! She is such an incredible performer. That’s definitely one for my bucket list.
What's the best decision you ever made?
I honestly feel like I have made some great decisions in my life so far! I love that I decided to take a summer job in America when I was 19 - it gave me so much more confidence and learn to accept myself, as well as making some wonderful memories and life-long friends. I love that I said yes to marrying Tom, and I love that we decided to start a family together.
If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would it be?
Always trust your gut instincts, and same as above – don’t regret anything that makes you smile.
Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Ooh tough one! I would love Jessica Alba to play me, I think she is amazing and I am a huge fan! Either that or Jenna Dewan-Tatum, but only if it meant I could be married to Channing Tatum… that would be just lovely!
My nominees are:
Alice - New Young Mum
Emily – Emily and Indiana
Hayley – Hayley’s Little Things
Jessica – Lilypod and Sweetpea
Katrina - Cool Bananas Blog
Laura – Liparazzi
Liz – Everything is Rosy
Sarah – The Knott Bump
My 11 questions to you are:
Why did you decide to start blogging?
What is your dream job?
What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
Describe yourself in five words.
If you could swap places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
What makes you laugh?
If you could give your teenage self a piece of advice, what would it be?
If you had to choose: starter or dessert?
If you could only use one makeup item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Who/what inspires you?
Tell us something about yourself that we may not already know.
Thanks again Sophie for nominating me, I’ve found some great blogs to follow from the Liebster Awards!